After the screening at Sensoria, this happened:
We have some T-shirts and posters left over from the Kickstarter Campaign if you’d like to partake.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order! Shipping is based on location.
Posters (14″ x 11″ Custom Art Print on Satin Photo Paper): $27
I have some exciting news!
1) The film is done!
2) Its world premiere was at the Sensoria Film & Music Festival in Sheffield, England at the beginning of October. The event – called “Roving Women” was sold out! We screened the film and then the lovely Nat Johnson and her band played glorious Connie covers as well as some beautiful originals. It was also my first time ever out of the USA and I have to say… it’s not out of the cards that I may one day move to Sheffield.
Here are some related links – including some coverage by the BBC, if you can believe it.
Twitter was also all a-buzz and someone even called it the “best night of the festival.” It was so much fun (even the Q&A afterwards) and I still can’t believe it all happened.
3) We won the “Life and Legacy” award at the Orlando Urban Film Festival!
4) All of the Kickstarter Rewards have been sent out. Thank you for everyone’s support on this very long (but very worth it) journey. I’m one process paper (and two classes) away from my MA in Media Studies at The New School. I’ve submitted to some festivals so we’ll see what happens with those. Once I graduate I’ll be able to focus on how to get the doc out there to everyone who wants to see it.
That’s all for now! Though I think that was quite a lot…
Here’s your holiday present: THE FIRST 9 MINUTES OF THE MOVIE ARE COMPLETE!
That is all.
I can’t believe it’s already October! I’m sure you can’t either. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know what’s going on with the project…
– We are in the midst of acquiring production equipment!
– This fall/winter we will be conducting some more NYC based interviews.
– It’s all about landscapes. Throughout the seasons. In “ends of the earth” places.
Enjoy your autumn!
Thanks again for everything,
No more empty-pocket-waltzing for us, We Lived Alone: The Connie Converse Documentary is100% funded!
I am writing to say thank you to ALL of you who have put up with the shameless emails and kickstarter updates throughout the campaign. However, I would also like to say that… WE DID IT! The kickstarter goal was met today, with 59 hours to spare. From now on and into the foreseeable future the only updates you will be getting will have to do with all of the fascinating progress we at TEAM CONNIE HQ will be making in production. I will be applying for more grants from organizations at a later date to pay for editing and color correction after all is shot and done, but right now this funding will go towards travel and equipment expenses for next summer (as well as to the fulfillment of your rewards!).
We are allowed to raise over our goal, so if you feel like it you can take a gander again at the campaign and share this successful endeavor with others.
A million bazillion words of gratitude to you all.
Did I mention that WE DID IT!?
Warm & Fuzzies,
Andrea & Team Connie HQ
Hello, TEAM CONNIE!
Only 8 days to go for the Kickstarter campaign! Less than $800 to go! Let’s keep it going, folks!
We can do this.
Thanks for your support,
There’s a place they call AWESOME.
After a significant pledge from THE Converses (Phil and Jean), we are well on our way! MORE THAN HALFWAY. I want to thank everyone so far for your support. It truly means the world to me. In fact, it IS my world.
Just a couple of years ago I decided to pursue a master’s degree in documentary film specifically to work on this project. After that decision, I found the perfect program at The New School, found a job in NYC, moved myself back to NYC, and started working as much as I could on the documentary. The spread of the Gospel of Connie has become my life’s work. It has decided my life thus far. I am honored to be in contact with her family and to have their blessing, as well as the support of her rapidly growing fan base.
It is really moving how I continue to get emails from complete strangers telling me how they have been similarly touched by her creations and her story. This documentary MUST be completed and you have all taken an amazing step to ensure that it is!
I spoke with Phil and Jean a few nights ago and they are ecstatic. They’re about to head up north early next month on their usual August vacation – the same vacation they took while Connie was secretly packing her things and driving off. It was great to hear their excited voices.
Anyway, sorry this was long-winded. I just wanted to say thank you and if you still have those friends and family out there who might be interested in this tale of loneliness and creativity, please spread the Word.
Hey TEAM CONNIE!
The Kickstarter campaign to help fund We Lived Alone: The Connie Converse Documentary has finally launched!
Please click here to pledge and share with your closest compadres. Help spread the gospel of Connie!
Thanks so much,
Andrea & Team Connie HQ